Search This Blog

The 10 Myths of Teen Dating: Truths Your Daughter Needs to Know to Date Smart, Avoid Disaster, and Protect Her Future by Daniel Anderson, Jacquelyn Anderson

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Few topics are more difficult for parents to discuss with their daughters than dating and relationships.  Due to their lack of knowledge about the world their teens face coupled with the scant dating information they received as teens, many parents feel ill-equiped to guide their daughters through the minefield that is teen dating.

In The 10 Myths of Teen Dating, this father and daughter team combines the latest scientific research with poignant, personal stories to help parents engage their daughters in wise conversations. Weaving in solid biblical truths with practical application and discussion starters, Daniel and Jacquelyn seek to equip parents to teach their daughters how to date for today … and tomorrow.

Goodreads Summary

I usually don't read non-ficiton with regards to dating, but I really enjoyed this book. As someone who didn't date when she was a teen herself, I didn't realize that it was more complicated than I realized. I think the author must have been exposed to lots of teenage dating (I think he was a high school teacher) to know the amount that he did. While I was reading, I did think that this book was not written only for Christians. I feel that many questioning teens or parents could read this book and glean some valuable knowledge from it. I liked the anecdotes and analogies that the author included and there was plenty of good, common sense advice that I should already know, but needed a reminder of. I don't think the author pushes anything in the reader's face and he handles the topics lightly without coming off as commanding or judgemental. 

4 Stars


This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ

0 comments: